Sunday 1 May 2016

April Monthly Favourites!


It's another month that has flown by, but within the month of April there are so many things that i've found a love and passion for. Whilst preparing this blog post, it's kind of given me a little breather from university work. Due to me nearly finishing my third and thankfully final year at university, writing a blogpost just makes me feel much more relaxed and comfortable as I type away words about all things beauty! The best kind of blog posts I like to read, watch or write are monthly favs and WOWZA there have been quite a few this month! By the way, this will be a long post - sorry

Just to clarify, all opinions are my own and I will leave all product info at the end of the blogpost with prices and colours.


I have to and I mean HAVE to start with the Hourglass Ambient Lightening Blush in the colour - Mood Exposure... wow wow and wow! Never been in love with a blush until now! It's absolutely beautiful. It's got a gorgeous soft plum colour to it baked / fused with a light coloured shimmer which just brightens up my complexion. It's pretty much the perfect blush and if you follow me on twitter or instagram, all of my recent photos have me wearing it!

Along the lines of shimmer, whilst clearing out my skincare and makeup, I had come across my Chanel eu Tendre Shimmering Powdered Perfume. I had rediscovered my love for the Chanel eu Tendre scent and what makes it even better, is that it's a body shimmer and looks frickin amazing on your skin! However there is a downside...it was a limited edition item from last summer so i'm going to have to save it and use it sparingly to make it last.

There are two powders i've found recently. One being Kiko Bronzer Powder Biscuit 05 and the other being NYX HD studio finishing Powder 01. Both brands have recently caught my eye and my eyes seem to like so far haha. What's even better is that they're so reasonably priced for the quality that they are! Kiko packaging as well is absolutely lush! We all know I love anything shimmery or shiny and their packaging meets those specifications! The NYX finishing powder that I like is in the shade 01 which I would probably say is translucent. I never normally tend to like translucent powders, as I see no difference with it but I do with this one! It makes my makeup last so much more longer and also makes my skin look and feel very soft. Doesn't every girl want that! 


As for lips, my favourite item of makeup, I couldn't just choose one - it was way too hard as throughout the month i've been mixing and rotating between the No7 Moisture Drench Soft Earth and Mac Lipstick Matte Mehr they are both quite plummy or brown based shade but not too dark which I prefer to use against my pale complexion. As for the third lip product, it's the Loreal Paris Color Riche Extraordinaire Lip Gloss Rose Melody 101. I don't normally like lipglosses, as the first thing that I associate them with is being sticky and smelling weird but i've finally found one with not much of a strong scent and isn't sticky! I found myself wearing the Loreal lip gloss on top of either of these lipsticks just because I think it makes the lipsticks look a little more subtle and better for more of an everyday look, and who doesn't like a gloss in spring!

I may have mentioned this in a previous blogpost but it deserves to be in one again, the Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Black Eyeliner. I've been using this for more than a month but I am yet to find a better one but the competition is high at the moment! I just love it! It goes on so easily, doesn't smudge throughout the day, and its pointy so you can get the winged liner perfectly. Yep, I just love, maybe there should be a yearly favourites!

You may have seen my previous blog post about me cutting my hair for The Little Princess Trust and for a while during March and April I started to notice my hair wasn't feeling the same towards the ends. It started to feel quite wire like, even though I haven't been using any heat on it. So I desperately needed to find a hair treatment to sort it out! After a long and hard journey to find one my wonderful friend Clair (Hey Clair) recommended the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep conditioner... BEST one i've ever used and come across! Within that one condition, my hair felt so much more healthier! It definitely is a miracle worker and i'll be using those much more.

As for food favourites this month, i've been loving and finding myself crave Kinder Buenos! Reminds me so much of being younger and getting them as a treat after school and they are just so delicious!! I probably have been eating way too many of those this month! However i'm keeping it balanced - this month i've been drinking at least 1.5 litres of water a day! I never do that! (I know it's not really balanced but we can just pretend for the time being) BUT it can't just be any water... oh no, it has to be Smart Water. I have no idea why but I like it and that's all that counts. Never thought i'd be putting a water bottle in a favourites ever.

Unfortunately this month, haven't been into reading so it's just been youtube videos for me! I do have two favourite youtubers at the moment though. Conor Maynard and Ashley Elizabeth. Conor Maynard for his covers of songs. His voice is just amazingly amazing and Ashley Elizabeth's videos are very funny and she seems like a very down to earth and honest beauty guru youtuber so i've recently become subscribed to both of them. 


Ashley Elizabeths Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/yunging19/videos

And finally, songs i've been loving this month are Drake - One Dance and O.M.I - Hulahoop. They're just very summery songs and I find myself listening to them tons.

Let me know what you're favourites have been throughout April and make sure to check out my other blogposts!

No comments:

Post a Comment