Monday 2 February 2015

Everyday Skincare Routine

I think skincare is one of those things we must all pay great attention to. There's no point in spending lots of money on makeup to cover our skin if we aren't spending the money on making sure our skin is up to scratch underneath it.

So, to start my day off I do the obvious of brushing my teeth and whilst in the bathroom I wash my face with warm water and add a small amount of Neutrogena Visibly Clear Facial Wash which I got recommended about 2 years ago and I've been using it ever since because not only does it smell amazing, but it also cleans my face (obviously) and makes sure to remove every bit of makeup if I have any left on from the day before. I then pat my face dry gently with a towel and apply the Avene Cleanance Toner which leaves my skin feeling so refreshed, clean and awake (which is good for a girl who hates early starts). I normally choose to apply it with a cotton pad as I find that it then spreads evenly over my face and neck. As I get on with the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit range so much, I decided to try the oil-free moisturiser which I have again started to love as a day cream purely because of the smell. All I put on now is a bit of lip balm and then start putting on my makeup.




As soon as I get home, I automatically have the sudden urge to remove all of my makeup. The easiest and quickest way to do that is by using face wipes! I normally use the No7 Quick Thinking Wipes because I find that they're a very good size and feel like good quality. I also think that they do a really good job at removing my makeup. Even waterproof mascara. The wipes inside the packet stay wet once it's open as it has a re-sealable plastic lid which I like too. Once the makeup is off, I then jump into the shower and as i'm in there, I use the Neutrogena Facial Wash that I use in the morning, to cleanse whatever is left on my face so it feels very clean and ready for it's beauty sleep. Like most girls enjoys to do, I put on my snug PJ's and fluffy socks and start putting on all the other skincare bits and pieces whilst watching an episode of Big Brother, or catching up on a bit of Eastenders. Trying not to get myself too distracted by what's on the TV, I then apply the Avene Toner and some No7 Overnight Revitalising Eye Balm which I worship because when I get up the next day, my eyes feel so refreshed and not gunky (I hate that word). I've also noticed that it has decreased my dark circles slightly which is an extra bonus as I don't look as tired. Once I have let that soak in, I then grab a small amount of night cream which is from the No7 Beautiful Skin range for normal to dry skin and it's unbelievably nourishing for my skin, and soaks in well. Living in England where it's mainly cold and miserable weather, I get very dry around my nose area and sometimes it can be quite flakey so when I feel like i'm a bit dry in areas on my face, I just dab a small amount of the No7 Dry Skin Rescue and by the next day, there is no dry skin and no more flakey bits. Another item that I use only on bad skin days is the No7 Rapid Spot Rescue which decreases the size of spots within the next day. No7 is a well priced skincare brand, so even if these products aren't for you, it's worth taking a look at what they have to offer, especially when the nifty little £5 off vouchers are floating about in Boots!


I have to admit that I have only been taking care of my skin properly for about 2 years and have noticed a dramatic change into how my skin was and what it is now. I used to be one of those people that disagreed with moisturisers or serums and just thought that it was all a waste of money and time, but I've now realised that it's important to take good care of your skin, even if you don't wear makeup! I have now gone from wearing tons of makeup, to using just a BB Cream and maybe a bit of concealer, because of how smooth and healthy my skin is looking.


1 comment:

  1. There are some good affiliate programs for blogs. See Affiliatewindow, Commission Junction, Linkshare. Beautybridge.com are more relevant to your blog. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete